BABY SULCATA TORTOISE
- baby Sulcata tortoises are fairly Easy to care for
- Grows up 24″ or 120+ lbs
- Sulcata tortoise Lifespan 55-110+ years
- Requires a warm habitat above 78 Degrees
- Currently Feeding on Greens and Veggies and Mazuri
- One of the largest species of tortoise for sale once mature
- Docile and calm tempered, easy to care for
- Available as baby Sulcata tortoise hatchlings, well-started babies, yearlings, juvenile Suclata tortoise for sale, and adult Sulcata tortoises!
The Baby Sulcata Tortoise is the most popular species of pet tortoise in the world.
Also known as African Spurred Tortoises they are loved for their unique personalities – many owners say they behave in a similar way to dogs.
If you want a tortoise with a fun and courageous personality then look no further.
Sulcata Tortoises can be housed indoors or outdoors. However, once they reach their adult size of 100 pounds, they will need a very large enclosure to roam, graze and dig.
Our care guide below will outline what it takes to raise a healthy and happy Sulcata, how to set up their enclosure, what to feed them, and good husbandry practices.
Originating From The Sub-Saharan Regions Of Africa
Adults Can Reach Up To 36 Inches In Shell Length!
With Proper Care And A Well Maintained Diet, These Can Live Up To 70 Years At A Time!
These Tortoises Come From The Dry Grasslands Of Africa Thriving Best In Those Conditions
They Are Also Known As “spur thighs” Which Comes From The Elongated Scales On Their Front Legs That They Use To Dig And Push Dirt Out Of Their Burrows